Saturday, April 8, 2017

Romans 12:13. By: Austin Granier

I just came back from a Youth Leaders Conference in Irvine this past week and one of the speakers said something that was so relevant to the verse we are going over today. This Pastor,  by the name of Drew Worsham, spoke and he said something that has been in my head ever since I left. He said "In your everyday life, is it evident that you have been with Jesus." He continues asking, "Is it clear that you know the Gospel? Because just like how you can't get up and walk away like nothing has changed if you were to get hit by a car, you cant just get up and act like nothing has changed if you get hit by the Gospel." I have been reflecting on those words, thinking to myself, is what I do in my own life truly reflective of Christ's character and truly honoring to Him at all? I think a great way to tell if that sentence is true is by asking yourself, do I have marks of a true Christian? Coincidentally, that is the title of the passage which our verse of the day  comes from, "Marks Of A True Christian." Our verse today is Romans 12:13 and it states:

“Share with the Lord’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭12:13‬ ‭NIV‬‬

So here is a start. Here is one thing that we all can do in the next few weeks that can show others that Christ is in our lives. Here's just a super simple thing that will make others feel the same love that we are blessed to feel every single day. A practical way to practice hospitality is maybe you sacrifice and afternoon and feed the homeless. Or maybe you join us on Men's Mexico this May and serve others and give to others. My encouragement is that we all just make a small step, so that it will be more clear we have been with Christ and we have marks of a True Christian.

No comments:

Post a Comment